At the Extraordinary General Assembly last Saturday, the members of the Swiss Sailing Association appointed a new management team headed by Martin Vogler. This was preceded by long-term disagreements between the previous central board and the sailors in the regional associations.
At the same time, the central board was reduced from eleven to seven members as part of a revision of the statutes. This clears the way for a new start under the leadership of President Martin Vogler, 65. In the first phase of their work, the new management wants to define a clear association strategy and create the conditions for a solid financial basis. The new central board also wants to improve communication in order to promote transparency within the association. The top of the association intends to present the first results at the ordinary general assembly in November 2017.
The central board of Swiss Sailing will be composed as follows for the next three years:
- president Martin Vogler (Zurich region)
- Vice President Marc Oliver Knöpfel (Zurich and Walensee / Graubünden region)
- Vice president Olivier Baudet (Lake Geneva region)
- Alberto Casco (Central Switzerland region)
- Christoph Caviezel (Central Switzerland region)
- Bruno Rossini (Ticino region)
- Rolf Zwicky (Lake Constance region)
The new management of Swiss Sailing: Marc Olivier Knöpfel, Bruno Rossini, Olivier Baudet, Alberto Casco, Rolf Zwicky, President Martin Vogler, Christoph Caviezel (from left)